- Our Roles -
Conference Director: (~10 hours a week)
- Coordinate all conference functions between finance, operations, marketing, and speaker relations.
- Develop the conference theme and set out a comprehensive strategy for the upcoming academic year.
- Manage and effectively delegate tasks among Directors.
- Maintain relationships with all third parties from Departments, to Companies House.
- Chair all meetings and track the progress of conference planning.
- Communicates and resolves problems effectively and in a timely manner with Directors and Officers.
- Proven customer service/interpersonal relations skills and entrepreneurial activities.
- Strong ability to organise and delegate tasks effectively.
- Prior experience in event organisation is a plus.
Director of Finance: (~8 hours a week)
- Maintain conference finances, through accurately recording all income inflows and outflows.
- Prepare and forecast a budget for all conference activities.
- Work with the Finance Officer(s) to create bespoke sponsorship prospectus.
- Actively seek sponsors and partners through various communication means.
- Good communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and harmonise financial activities across conference functions.
- Strong mathematical ability and proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a plus.
Director of Operations: (~8 hours a week)
- Manage all logistical aspects of the conference and other activities, including room bookings, catering among other things.
- Liaise with the Conference Director to establish a conference theme and agenda.
- Highlight any key health and safety concerns and risks that are posed to YSC.
- Take minutes at all meetings and organise the agenda.
- Strong organisational skills and understanding of the University Planon booking system.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with other conference functions.
Director of Speaker Relations: (~8 hours a week)
- Manage all speakers by providing them with information relating to their specific time slot.
- Support speaker requests ensuring that they are happy for the duration of the conference day, and in the preliminary organisation.
- Liaise with the Director of Marketing to effectively promote speakers.
- Work with Speaker Relations Officer(s) to create bespoke prospectuses for potential speakers.
- High levels of professionalism and etiquette is a must.
- Good negotiation and organisational skills with the ability to respond quickly.
- An established contactable network of professionals is a plus.
Director of Marketing: (~8 hours a week)
- Manage all marketing channels including social media, mailing list, physical print, and banners.
- Work with Marketing Officer(s) to create promotional items for all YSC events.
- Broaden YSC's reach through departmental partnerships and beyond the University of York.
- Creativity and ability to express items of interest in a professional yet relatable way.
- Active understanding of social media pages.
- Previous management of social media channels for a society or other related organisation is a plus.
Director of Technology: (~5 hours a week)
- Manage the YSC Website with the Director of Marketing to update and maintain it regularly.
- Establish strong cybersecurity protocols across all YSC assets including email, Google Drive, among other items.
- Good understanding of website maintenance through popular website editors, and Google-based products.
Finance Officer: (~5 hours a week)
- Liaise with the Director of Finance to meet YSC's financial objectives.
- Work to create a sponsorship prospectus.
- Reach out to businesses and Departments to explore sponsorship opportunities.
- Excellent written, oral, and negotiation skills.
- Strong organisational, and interpersonal skills.
Speaker Relations Officer: (~5 hours a week)
- Search for potential speakers for YSC in-line with the conference theme.
- Maintain relationships with confirmed speakers, and manage their requests and queries.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a capacity to maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- High levels of professional and business etiquette.
Marketing Officer: (~6 hours a week)
- Manage in conjunction with the Director of Marketing, YSC social media channels, and mailing list.
- Create flyers, posters, and infographics for print and social media.
- Familiarity with the creation of infographics and other marketing material to promote YSC activities.
- Creativity with making marketing items is a plus.
Operations Officer: (~5 hours a week)
- Support the Director of Operations with ad hoc requests to streamline the conference's operations.
- Analyse internal business metrics, identifying areas of growth and weakness.
- Strong ability to liaise and work with students from different focus areas to solve business problems.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.